4 oz uncooked angel hair (capellini) pasta
18 to 25 slices baguette or French bread, about 1/4 inch thick
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese (3 oz)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh or 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
1 container (10 oz) refrigerated Alfredo pasta sauce
3 medium plum (Roma) tomatoes, chopped
2 medium green onions, sliced (2 tablespoons)
1 tablespoon grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
2. Meanwhile, brush bread with butter. In 9-inch glass pie plate, line bottom and side with bread, butter sides up and slightly overlapping slices. Bake about 10 minutes or until light brown.
3. Meanwhile, in large bowl, mix Swiss cheese, 1 tablespoon of the basil and the Alfredo sauce.
4. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Add pasta to sauce mixture; toss to mix thoroughly. Spoon into baked crust. Sprinkle with tomatoes, onions and Romano cheese.
5. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until hot. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon basil.